Summer camp activities for preschoolers – seems a really interesting topic. But did you know, summer camping for toddlers is really an interesting and much-needed concept! Summer Camping has always been an exclusive affair.
We are well aware of summer camping and nature camping events for children, teens, and adults. But, Did you know that taking pre-schoolers and toddlers to summer activity camps has a significant productive impact on their mental and physical health? Their IQ levels get consistently increased and they are able to understand things better. True – Introducing Toddlers to Summer camps at a sooner age will make them appreciate things in life better.
Studies and surveys state that children who were allowed to camp and experience live nature had far relative focusing skills, and lesser anger. If you are someone, who wants your child to experience an idealistic living, better now the if’s and but’s of taking your toddler to summer camps.
Reasons why summer camp for preschoolers is so significant?
Many parents are hesitant to send young preschool-age toddlers to a summer camp owing to the safety concerns. The transformation from being a toddler to a big kid, “three” is a magical age and a perfect time to expose the kids to some planned activities with free play.
Camping is the best opportunity for preschoolers to learn powerful feelings of belonging, making new friends, and connecting with their instructors and nature. Summer learning activities help working parents who need daycare during the summer months. If your kids are attending kindergarten or preschool sessions in the coming fall, exposing them to these kinds of activities would be the best option since they will help to prepare them for a new phase in their life.
Some of the reasons why summer camps help your little champs are,
- Starts preparing preschoolers for school
The transition from flexible days at home with a caretaker or parents to a strict school environment can be challenging for young toddlers. Summer camps introduce a school structure and a natural classroom environment to your little ones and help them understand what schedules and rules mean in a relaxed method. It makes the toddler get used to a new routine. Summer activities for pre-primary will help them to respect their teachers when school starts.
Early life independence in summer camp activities without mom and dad cuts down their separation anxiety on the first day of school. They will take schools to be another home, instead of creating a ruckus on the first day. Nursery fun activities help them play and enjoy it without their parents.
Many kids never go to childcare or learn socialization skills before their schooling. Young ones have limited peer group exposure to social life-like neighborhood friends, family members, and relatives.
When they start their schooling, they will have to spend most of their day time with new classmates. Summer camp activities for preschoolers help them to learn how to communicate, befriend, and behave with their teachers and group mates from diverse backgrounds.
Summer camp activities for preschoolers will offer independence and complete freedom to choose their friends based on convenience or proximity. It allows them to learn important lessons in their life such as the ability to get along and cooperate with others and learning to share.
- Develop and practice skills
In addition to socializing skills, nursery activities for summer develop your little one’s sensory and cognitive abilities. You can incorporate writing and crafting activities, allowing your preschooler to practice hand-eye coordination, writing stools, and motor control.
Nursery activities for summer help them to discover new interests and can be exposed to different workshops like cooking, arts, painting, and gardening. The environment of summer camps designed to take your little one out of their comfort zone, they tend to grow by learning how to adjust and adapt to various situations.
What things does your preschooler learn from summer camp activities?
Preschool summer circle time activities teach preschoolers about how to take responsibility for their belongings like backpack and lunchbox, following a schedule, making connections with fellow members in the group, and learning group rules.
Nursery activities for summer give a preview of school, especially for kids who have not attended daycare. Preschool summer camp gives a great practice of independence for preschoolers to be away from mom and dad. Programmed activities and sports nurture their self-confidence, learning skills, following rules, sensory skills, and grouping work.
Summer learning activities pave a wonderful path for your preschoolers for early independence and socializing skills. The structure of the camp activities teaches them some preliminary and cognitive skills, encourages active play with nature, cuts down on screening time.
How to choose a summer camp for your preschoolers?
Choosing a camp isn’t that easy as it sounds. While as an adult, you would have so many precautions and conditions on choosing a camp for yourself. When it comes to toddlers, our minds are naturally bound to think and worry extra about the safety and sanity that would be available at a summer camp!
Pre-schoolers are generally instinctive and are bound to be active. Since they will be free to mobilize, your choice of a summer camp should be such that they do not walk or run straight into danger. Pre-schoolers would generally be able to sleep well and eat well. Hence, a parent’s worry should be only about them not wandering themselves and getting into danger.
There are quite a few things you can do to choose a good camp for pre-schoolers,
- Try not to choose your camp spots too close to riverbeds or lake points as, as there you would not want to take chances of your toddlers running into water in excitement.
- Preschoolers will generally be able to socialize well with other kids. You can make them happier by inviting their close friends to the camp party, along with their parents. It could keep them in control as all their close friends will be around them.
- Enquire well if your camp spots have any history of being used as racing zones or riding spaces. You wouldn’t want your children playing in areas where racing cars roam around, would you?
- Make sure that your camping locality doesn’t have any poisonous trees around, a few species are poisonous enough to kill a person.
- Another important point to take care of would be, to know the climatic conditions around your camp spot. Plan your camps in such a way that your evenings should be enjoyable, and not mosquito-ridden.
The list goes on, but do not keep postponing a camp trip just because you find the contradicting factors high on the list. Do not overthink, just choose, pick, and pack your bags off to a camp, right away. One thing you can do before setting out to a camp is, you can tell your child to speak and communicate in case of any emergency or threatening factor. Asking always helps.
If you’re planning to send your pre-schooler to a camp organized by proper groups, you wouldn’t need to hassle much except for checking their ratings and their facilities. You will only need to speak to your child about being safe and tell them to eat properly. The Rest will be taken care of by efficient teachers and organizers.
Preschool summer circle time activities :
Summer camp activities and curriculum for preschoolers provide your 3-year-old kids with well-organized learning experiences and observing skills with nurturing care. Organizers choose trained instructors and staff to embrace the imagination and creativity of each camper to create an inclusive and inventive environment. At times, there are even chances for the parents to accompany the toddlers to a nature summer camp. Those kinds of camps will be a joint learning experience for the kids and their parents.
Longer grouping activities and sessions allow every young camper to genuinely connect and adjust to the camp day with familiar faces. Outdoor activities allow your little ones to learn creativity, be initiative, be a responsible, collaboration, and leadership qualities.
Language arts and literacy:
This activity focuses on making your kid connect between letters, words, and sounds. Teachers read age-appropriate books that your kid listens to and retell stories, ask questions, and share information. Preschoolers develop their language skills through small-group and individual activities by telling stories and singing rhymes.
- Singing to learn English words for body parts
- With sidewalk chalk, practicing to write their name letters correctly.
- Exploring both familiar and unfamiliar vocabulary through listening to stories and playing with objects and shapes.
Learning and educational activities:
Summer learning activities for preschoolers focus on identifying differences and similarities within objects and learn the world around them through observation events. By counting beads, creating sets, and constructing blocks, helps to build a foundation for maths. Different hands-on activities help them to learn about people, animals, plants, and our living environment.
- Constructing buildings and towers with blocks
- Counting the numbers of beads and blocks
- Identifying shapes and colors using shapes blocks
- Learning animals and birds names and their habitats with their shapes
- Learning alphabets through alphabet tree which improves motor, reading and letter recognition skills
- A story game and scavenger hunt – improves vocabulary and problem solving
Social and emotional development activities:
Preschool summer activities provide a community atmosphere by taking turns, learning, and sharing with friends. Some activities like storytelling develop a sense of self while helping friends and building positive relationships.
- Reading stories to develop confidence and self-awareness as an individual
- Learning cultures around the world through dances and storytelling
Montessori activities and indoor activities:
Summer activity for pre-primary kids involves teaching some day-to-day life activities that will improve your little one’s concentration power and observing skills.
- Pet care activity is one of the best activities for kids who love animals. It teaches good memory, empathy, responsibility, and concentration.
- Chef activities help kids to take an interest in preparing their meals. This activity develops their reading skills and ability to follow instructions.
- Folding laundry activity – this activity teaches motor and problem-solving skills, it may sound tedious.
- Cutlery activity build their organization skills from a young age
Sensory developmental and indoor activities:
Fun camping activities develop your kid’s motor, hand-eye coordination, focus, the sensation of touch on each object.
- Playdough activity improves your kid’s sensory skills, hand-eye coordination, and vocabulary.
- Snowballs and marbles sorting activity teach focus and the sensation of touch.
- Ice finds a hot summer’s fun game which improves their analytical skills.
- McDonald’s sandbox farm activity loved by animal lovers helps to develop their sense of touch and word association.
Motor developmental and outdoor activities:
These activities focus on developing your kid’s strength, fitness, and coordination in large and small muscles. Organizers develop an environment, materials, and activities to help them to keep the body in fitness.
- Trying some yoga stretches and poses
- Building coordination with help of pegboards
- Catching and bouncing a ball
- Going for a walk improves observational powers
- Creating an obstacle course to improve their concentration.
- Gardening activities are quite enjoyable and make them more responsibility person
Is it necessary to send your preschoolers to a summer camp?
There are so many things one can do for a child, available on the list of summer activities for preschoolers. What matters is, what do you choose to give. You can always either choose to send your kid to a summer camp or skip doing so. But, you should always know about the pros and cons of making your child do an activity. It will help you check if you are going the right way or not.
Few points why sending your pre-schoolers will be necessary,
- Your child will learn the concept of acceptance. Accepting things he has in life, accepting mistakes she does in life, accepting the hatred and love, and all the other things that need to be accepted. They will take this character throughout their life.
- Your child will learn to self-love and self-heal. No teachers needed, just plain playtime in the lapse of nature can make your children understand the importance of loving themselves abundantly.
- Your child will have decreased anger levels and increased focusing abilities.
- Your child will naturally learn to socialize with people.
- Once they’ve been to a few camps regularly, they will learn the habit of packing and unpacking altogether.
Sending your kids to nursery activities for summer can be the best choice you could opt for in their life. Do not contemplate to worry about the age, they will learn, enjoy, and manage the new experience. Preschool summer circle time activities for your toddlers are generally designed in such a way that the kids totally enjoy every moment at it.
Real all the way, but choose wisely. Easy summer activities for preschoolers will keep them engaged and energetic all their schooling period. Let them enjoy every moment of it.
Will the children be given more work to study and learn?
Of course NOT. Preschool Summer activities for toddlers are specially meant for them to be relaxed about their life ahead. They will be made to enjoy and relish every moment. There will be no additional homework or schoolwork for your children to complete. Homework is something we never speak of.
Is there any particular dress code or uniform for the children to wear during the activities?
No, we do not subject the children to wear any particular dress. Children are themselves colorful, and we love seeing them in all the colors bright and happy! In case of any particular activity or dress code needed ( beach clothes, or raincoats), our organizers will inform you beforehand, so that you send your child prepared for all.
What will you do in case of emergencies?
We plan our activity camps such a way that there come no unexpected emergencies. However, if the fate decides against us, we’d still be prepared. Our teachers are completely prepared and trained to do first-aid to children, and we always take the data of the nearest hospitals in case of the worst. But, you can chill, as we never risk things in our camping activities.
Will language be a problem in summer camps? Will she be able to cooperate with other kids and teachers?
Children are gifted with the ability to speak and enjoy without knowing any language. They can speak only Tamil, but will still be able to talk with a Telugu friend. They have this naturally adapting skill, that many adults do not have. Do not worry, they are in safe hands. Our Trainers are skilled multi-lingually. They will be able to handle children better and easier. Language is never a barrier to friendship and learning.